Deadline 20 September 2020
Applications are now open for the 3rd annual Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award. This is for an individual aged 18-30 who has contributed meaningfully towards the goal of ending extreme poverty. The award includes a US$250,000 prize paid to the organization to which the individual contributes.
The prize was established by Cisco and Global Citizen to recognize and lift up a young person positively impacting the world, as a way to demonstrate the impact that young people are having on achieving the Global Goals, and to accelerate global problem solving.
I. Selection criteria:
- Demonstrated track-record of measurable impact at scale over the last 3-5 years advancing one or more of the Global Goals.
- Compelling vision and concrete plans for how to extend this work in the next 3-5 years, including how the prize will advance efforts.
- Inspires other young people to have an impact on achieving one or more of the Global Goals.
- Demonstrates the values and embodies the spirit of a Global Citizen and a Global Problem Solver.
- Innovates with technology or Internet-based communications to improve efficiency, reach, and magnify impact.
II. Judging process
- Candidates will be judged against criteria by a group of Global Citizen, Cisco, and independent experts.
- Up to 10 semi-finalists will be selected and notified on or around October 15, 2020 to submit 3 letters of recommendation. (Once you apply for the Prize, you should have your letters of recommendation ready for submission.) Supplemental information might also be requested of semi-finalists.
- If selected as one of the 10 semi-finalists, you will be judged by a panel of representatives from Global Citizen, Cisco, and esteemed activists and leaders in the international development field.
- From the 5-10 semi-finalists, 3 finalists will be selected and notified on or around October 30, 2020. The 3 finalists will move forward to a public vote and final round of judging.
- If you are selected as one of the 5-10 semi-finalists you will be contacted on or around October 15, 2020 to submit 3 letters of recommendation: A Colleague, A Funder or Operational Partner and a Person you’ve impacted
- The Prize Winner will remain confidential and announced either at the time of filming, live on stage at the 2020 Global Citizen Prize Ceremony or via broadcast in December 2020.
III. How to apply?
The application consists of five parts:
- About You: basic information about you and your organization and a scanned copy of your passport
- Pitch: why you deserve this award and provide with a 2-3 minute video of your pitch.
- About Your Work: answer 5 short answer questions about your work.
- Description of how your work aligns with the Judging Criteria in 250 words or less
- Supplemental Organizational Details: submit proof of your organization’s registration details including the certificate of registration, incorporation or tax exemption and other supplemental information.
If you are interested and eligible, Please, Apply here
For more information, please visit the official webpage.
For any query, please email [email protected].