Deadline 31 July 2020
INBAR is looking for interns to support the development of a book about state of bamboo and rattan. Selected interns will work with Membership Affairs, the Communications Department and Global Programme.
- Assist with the review of existing data, collect additional data and analyse data of bamboo and rattan information in INBAR Member States, and set up a database; data includes, but is not limited to: Bamboo species and their distribution; Bamboo trade data; Bamboo development related policy and regulations; Bamboo products standards; Challenges, etc.
- Prepare data collection questionnaires and liaise with national focal points for data collection
- Translate collected data into English
- Assist with development of national bamboo reports and state of bamboo and rattan in the world
- Help to update the INBAR website with French or Spanish content translated from English.
- Candidates from INBAR Member States in Africa and Latin America are preferred
- Advanced University degree in environmental sciences, forestry, natural resources or closely related technical field; PhD level has advantage
- Knowledge and experiences in forest management and utilisation, social development, environment protection or related fields preferred
- Knowledge and experience of GIS and forest inventories will be advantage
- Good experience in conducting literature review, drawing reliable data and data analysis
- Good knowledge of PPA, questionnaire, interview
- Good writing, communication and presentation skills
- Well organised, with the ability to organise their own work and work efficiently in order to meet deadlines and requirements
- French or Spanish native speakers, with proficient spoken and written English
III. Application Process
- Please send a cover letter demonstrating relevant experience as described in the above job description and your cv by email to: [email protected].
- Please also indicate your expected fee in the cover letter (total cost including daily fee, travel, food and accommodations during the field interview).
- Please use “INBAR Job title — NAME” as the subject of the e-mail.
To learn more about this internship opportunities, please visit the INBAR website