Deadline: 30 August 2020
INBAR is looking for a consultant to prepare a comprehensive report and policy brief on economic and environmental sustainability of bamboo as an alternative for ruminant feeding in Colombia.
I. Objectives of the study
- To get a better understanding of the financial benefits of using bamboo to support livestock systems in contrast to different scenarios;
- To define guidelines and policy suggestions that will contribute to the promotion, incorporation and use of bamboo in silvopastoral systems in Colombia.
- Collect information as input for the establishment of different scenarios of livestock systems.
- Collect economic (input, output) information and data on bamboo forage as supplement dietary in different silvopastoral scenarios.
- Conduct a financial analysis that considers different scenarios for the use of bamboo in the livestock conversion systems.
- Conduct surveys of social actors related to livestock systems.
- Review and collect secondary information of bamboo ecosystem services.
- Build guidelines for the use of bamboo as a support for livestock conversion processes.
- Prepare a summary of the results from all technical documents and information generated.
- A comprehensive report (maximum 40 pages without annex and references) covering the following aspects (a) financial analysis of bamboo used in livestock conversion systems in contrast to different scenarios; (b) technical guidelines on the use of bamboo as a support for livestock conversion process making use of information derived from bamboo ecosystem services. (the main content will be in Spanish with executive summary in English).
- A scientific paper on cost-benefit analysis of bamboo fodder in English to be submitted to a scientific journal.
- Policy brief in English and Spanish (2 pages preferred, max. 4 pages per language) that summarizes the technical findings and provides recommendations for policy makers.
- Advanced University degree in forest economics, environmental sciences, forestry, natural resources or closely related technical field.
- Excellent knowledge of bamboo resource management, livestock production and cultivation.
- Good knowledge and skills of qualitative and quantitative analysis and relevant tools.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient spoken and written of English and Spanish
V. How to Apply?
- Please send a cover letter demonstrating relevant experience as described in the above job description and your cv by email to: [email protected]
- Please use “INBAR Job title — NAME” as the subject of the e-mail.
- Please also indicate your expected fee in the cover letter
For More information, Please read the official call