Deadline: January 7, 2022.
Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA) is looking for passionate young men and women who are ready to invest in their careers, communities, and the agricultural transformation of Rwanda. Located in Karama, Rweru Sector, Bugesera District, RICA is a unique higher learning institution, unlike any other in Africa. Its world-class curriculum combines education, research, and community extension to train Rwanda and Africa’s next generation of leaders in agriculture.
- All students admitted to RICA receive a full scholarship which covers tuition, medical insurance, accommodation and meals on campus.
- At the end of three-year program, all RICA students earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Conservation Agriculture. You can also choose a specialty in Animal Production, Crop Production, Mechanization, or Food Processing.
- RICA will also equip you with the skills to be successful in business: leadership, entrepreneurship and communication. Students will be also trained in the principles of Conservation Agriculture and One Health.
- Be a Rwandan citizen
- Finished secondary education in 2021
- Demonstrates leadership and entrepreneurship potential
- Demonstrates passion for agriculture
- Has English language proficiency
- Has a minimum national Exam score of 40 (Rwanda Basic Education Board) or 36 (Rwanda TVET Board)
- Has at least 2 principal passes in national examinations
- Studied any of the following subject combinations/trades:
-MPG – Math| Physics |Geography
-PCM – Physics |Chemistry | Math
-MEG –Math | Economics | Geography
-MCE – Math | Computer Science| Economics
-MPC – Math | Physics | Comp Science
-MCB – Math |Chemistry | Biology• PCB
-Physics | Chemistry |Biology
-BCG – Biology |Chemistry | Geography
- Applicants who completed secondary education in 2020 and 2021 under foreign or international education programs ( E.g Cambridge, International Baccalaureate etc ) are encouraged to apply. Holders of such qualifications are advised to submit an equivalence certificate issued by the National Examination and School Inspection Authority (NESA).
III. How to apply?
- To start an application, please create an account with your email and password here
- Please have scanned copies in JPEG or PDF format of your National ID, A’level results (REB, Rwanda TVET Board), Equivalence certificate issued by NESA for those with foreign qualifications and any other relevant documents.
- To return to your application, please log in using the credentials you used while creating the account. If you forget your password, click on forgot password.
- In the application, all fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be filled in. Click on Save to save your application, and on Next to proceed to the next step of the application. You may save your application and log-in later to complete it.
- Click Submit only when you have completed your application and are ready to submit. Please note that you will not be able to edit your application after submission.
- You will receive an email notification after your application has been successfully submitted.
IV. Key information
- Applicants will be considered based on academic performance, demonstrated leadership qualities and a passion for an entrepreneurial career in the agriculture sector.
- Finalists are invited to an in-person interview day, including interactive group activities and an English proficiency exam.
V. Key Dates
- 19 November, 2021: Applications open
- 7 January, 2022: Applications close
- March 2022: English language proficiency test
- March 2022: Admission interviews
- April 2022: Admission decision and scholarship offer
VI. Want more details?
For specific questions, Please email RICA at [email protected] or telephone at +250789035532