Deadline: 15 November 2022
The Center for Development Research (ZEF), University of Bonn, has position openings for 3 Doctoral Researchers in Agricultural/ Development Economics. The positions are part of the Collaborative Research Center (CRC 228) “Future Rural Africa” funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG). Two of the positions involve a University employment contract (TVL-E13, 65%), the third involves a University stipend contract.
All contracts should start in January 2023 (or as soon as possible thereafter) and will be for a period of three years. The research is supervised by Prof. Dr. Matin Qaim and involves empirical research on rural labor markets and employment in Kenya, Tanzania, Namibia, and Zambia. The doctoral researchers will be integrated into ZEF’s Doctoral Program and will work towards their doctoral degree at the University of Bonn.
- Stimulating international and interdisciplinary research environment and PhD Program
- Full funding for field work, travel, and related research costs
- Excellent networks of national and international research partners
- Support in personal career development
- The University of Bonn is committed to diversity and equal opportunity.
- Conduct economics research on agricultural and non-agricultural employment trends
- In rural areas of Africa, using quantitative methods. Links between employment and
- Social welfare (poverty, food security, gender equity, etc.) will also be analyzed.
- Plan and implement micro-level surveys of rural households and employers
- Prepare and publish research papers in international journals
- Based on the research, prepare and submit a doctoral dissertation
- Travel internationally for data collection, cooperation with partners, and presentation
- Of research results at conferences and workshops
- Master’s degree in agricultural economics, development economics, or related fields
- Experience with quantitative research methods and related statistical packages
- Interest in economic development topics. Prior experience in Africa would be a plus
- Excellent oral and written English language and communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally
V. How to Apply?
Please submit your application electronically, in one combined PDF file, to [email protected] by 15 November 2022. Application documents should include a motivation letter, CV, transcript and certificate of Master’s degree, title and abstract of Master’s thesis, names and contact details of two reference persons. Further details about ZEF , please visi its webpage