Deadline 9 December 2022
The Agriculture Nutrition and Health (ANH) Academy with co-hosts Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR) invites the submission of abstracts for the Research Conference on the nexus of agriculture and food systems, nutrition and health. We welcome abstracts from all relevant disciplines, including but not limited to economics, nutrition, public health, epidemiology, environmental and climate sciences, agronomy, social and political sciences, and anthropology. We encourage submissions by researchers with backgrounds that are underrepresented in science.
- What we are looking for
- Abstracts that addresses links between agriculture/ food systems and nutrition/ health
- Abstracts that sit within one or more of the conference themes below
- Presentations of results and lessons learned from scientific research. We especially welcome studies that use innovative methods or metrics, or existing approaches applied in relevant new ways
II. Conference themes
- Please note: Gender, empowerment and equity cut across all themes, as does COVID-19's implications for food systems, nutrition and health.
- Food system governance, rights and political economy
- Diets and nutrition in conflict, protracted and/or humanitarian contexts
- Agriculture /food systems policy and programme impacts on nutrition and health; and implementation science
- Economic evaluation and financing of multi-sectoral programmes for nutrition and health.
- Behavioural research related to diets, nutrition and health
- Innovative methods, tools, and metric
- Health risks and food systems
- Climate change, planetary health and food systems
III. Selection process
The ANH Academy Week Research Conference receives more abstracts than it can accept for presentations. Therefore, abstracts will be reviewed by the ANH Academy Week 2023 Scientific Committee and selected on the following four criteria:
- Relevance to the themes
- Scientific rigour
- Abstract quality
Please consider these criteria carefully when submitting your abstract!
If your abstract is accepted for the Conference, the Committee will decide on whether an abstract is selected for an oral presentation or a poster session. As mentioned above, the exact presentation formats will be determined approximately 8 weeks before the event. This may include innovation in the style, nature and length of oral and poster presentations (i.e. in the form of facilitated discussions or conventional presentations).
IV. How to submit?
- You will need to sign in/sign up to ANH Academy account (free) HERE to submit an abstract.
- Authors should submit abstracts through the ANH Academy website before the deadline.
- Any queries can be directed to [email protected]
- More on how to write an effective abstract can be found HERE