Deadline: 18 December 2022
As one of the main sponsors for the World Food Forum, The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is searching for motivated volunteers to join and contribute to the World Food Forum events in 2023.
Launched in 2021, the World Food Forum (WFF) is an independent, youth-led global network of partners facilitated by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO). It aims to spark a global movement that empowers young people everywhere to actively shape agrifood systems to help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and a better food future for all.
- Enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate degree programme in a “bona fide” educational institution at the time of application or recent graduate. Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http:// www.whed.net/.
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Internship Programme.
III. Information to applicants
- Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non- and under-represented Member Nations as well as candidates from Low-Income Food-Deficit Countries (LIFDCs), Least Developed Countries (LDCs), Land-locked Developing Countries (LLDCs), and Small Island Developing States (SIDS) are encouraged to apply to this Call for Expression of Interest.
- All applications will be reviewed and only qualified applicants will be directly contacted for interviews by the hiring office and contacted again, if selected.
- Candidates who have already undertaken an internship assignment at FAO will not be eligible for another internship.
- Selected candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the proposed country of assignment prior to joining the Organization.
- FAO pays a monthly stipend to interns if they are not sponsored by sending universities or other entities.
IV. ow To Apply?
- To apply with additional information please visit the official call webpage HERE
- All applications will be reviewed and only qualified applicants will be contacted directly for interviews by the hiring office.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]