Deadline: 7 March 2023.
The president of the African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE), jointly with the president of the Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), invites submissions for the 7th African Conference of African Agricultural Economists and the 60th AEASA Conference 2023 to be held from September 18-21, 2023 in Durban, South Africa.
These submissions may include full Contributed Papers and Organized Symposia. The theme of the conference will be; “through crisis: building resilient and sustainable agri-food systems in Africa”. Corresponding authors will be informed of the outcome of the review and selection process by June 6, 2023.
- Paper Submission Guidelines
All lead authors who submit a contributed paper (whether oral/visual) must commit to the following:
- That your paper(s) will not be accepted until you have registered and/or renewed your membership to the association and paid the conference fee
- That you will serve on the Reviewing Panel for Contributed Papers, and the papers of authors who do not participate in the reviewing process for any good reason will be pulled from the program regardless of whether you have registered.
- Each presenter may be a co-author of several Contributed Paper submissions but may only make ONE Oral and/or Visual Presentation.
- Competitive travel grants covering part of the cost of attending the conference may be available to needy cases from low-income countries.
I. Preparation of the text
- The manuscript (English or French) should be submitted electronically to the Programs Committee at [email protected]
- The manuscript should include an abstract at the beginning of not more than 250 words.
- The text should be presented in Times New Roman, 12 pt., 1.15 Line spacing in Microsoft Word with 2.54 cm margins on A4 paper size.
- The title page should include the title, the name(s) of the author(s) and their affiliation(s).
- Articles should not be longer than 7500 words.
- The Harvard method of referencing should be used in the form name(s) of the author(s), year of publication, page(s) referred to in the text, e.g. (Author, 1994:100).
- The references should be in alphabetical and then chronological order in the References at the end of the contribution.
- Footnotes and endnotes should be kept to a minimum. Endnotes are located ahead of the references.
A title, numbered consecutively, should be provided for each table, in bold above the Table, and all tables should be referred to in the text.
- Figures should be numbered consecutively and referred to in the text. Only black-and-white Figures are accepted.
- Figure captions should be in bold below the Figure.
- Drawings should be completely lettered, the size of the lettering being appropriate to that of the drawings, taking into account the possible need for reduction in size (preferably not more than 50 per cent - width of lines should also be taken into account in this regard). The page format of Agrekon should be considered in designing the drawings.
- Organized Symposia
These submissions may include full Contributed Papers and Organized Symposia.
- We envisage that most of these proposals will include presentations that explore different, complementary aspects of a particular topic.
- Proposals that involve discussants with different points of view will be of particular interest.
- Each Symposium organizer should prepare and send a PDF file summarizing the content of the proposal, including session title, session rationale, names and contact information for the organizer(s) and key participants, and a description of the symposium format that includes the question to be examined; the approaches used to analyze this question; the format to be used; and plans for discussion
- Key dates
- First Call for Papers 13 July 2022
- Conference website opens 05 August 2022
- Early Bird registration opens 22 August 2022
- Second Call for Papers 22 August 2022
- Final Call for Papers 04 November 2022
- Submission of proposals for Symposia and Invited Panels 08 December 2022
- Deadline for submission of all Contributed Papers with Abstracts,
- Invited Panels and Organized Symposium 07 March 2023
- Notification of acceptance of papers 06 June 2023
- Early Bird registration deadline/ Regular registration 20 June 2023
- Presenting authors registration deadline 17 July 2023
- Deadline for revised papers submissions 24 July 2023
- 7th African Conference of Agricultural Economists, Durban, South Africa 18-21 Sept. 2023
For more information, please visit the conference website