Deadline: 31 July 2022
Future Rural Africa is pleased to announce two Female Researcher’s Grants. The aim of the grants is to promote female researchers at all stages of their careers. Support is given to creative scientific ideas that fit the content of the CRC in the broadest sense and are not covered yet. Hereby, applications from all connected sciences are welcome. The grants are designed to enable female researchers to gain more visibility, expand a network, or build more expertise.
The CRC studies newly emerging issues of social-ecological transformation and future-making in Africa, taking social-ecological transformation in rural Africa as its starting point. These transformations focus on conservation, intensification, and infrastructuring in three priority countries: Kenya, Namibia and Tanzania. Social-ecological transformation is conceptualized as an expression of “future-making” and studied from various disciplines.
The amount of the grant is 5000 Euro each. Depending on the needs, the grant is awarded to one female scientist each or split among several applicants. The money may be used for research-related expenses, but not for living costs. It may be spent on travel expenses, consumables, fees and assistance or services. All expenditures are first reviewed for funding eligibility by the Department of Research Management at the University of Cologne. The research project must take place this year as all receipts must be submitted by early December 2022.
- Future Rural Africa welcome applications from female master students, PhD students, Postdocs and Junior Professors who are part of or associated with the Collaborative Research Center „Future Rural Africa“.
- Applications from scientists from the CRC´s African partner countries are strongly encouraged.
III. How to Apply?
- Applications should be sent via email in PDF format to [email protected]
- Candidates must include a description of the research idea and its implementation (about 2 pages), a description of the required funds and a CV of the applicant.
IV. Selection Process
- A jury consisting of the gender board of the CRC will evaluate the applications and select the projects that receive funding.
- If you have questions concerning the application, please do not hesitate to contact: [email protected].