Deadline: 20 August 2020
The World Agroforestry Centre also known as the International Centre for Research in Agroforestry (ICRAF) is inviting applications from qualified candidates to work under the newly formed Transformative partnership platform (TPP) Nutri-scapes. Nutri-scapes is seeking interested young researchers from the nutrition or social science fields that want to contribute to the goals of the platform.
If you have an idea for a small research project that would contribute to the goals of the platform to solve nutrition challenges in developing countries, please submit a short proposal outlining the idea, the proposed timeline and the required budget up to approximately USD 3,000. The proposal should not exceed 2 pages.
The funds can be used for; a stipend at an approved rate, research costs, field work (where possible), medical and accident insurances, any other costs depending on the type of project proposed.
Due to the current difficulties in conducting field research we are especially interested in ideas that look at existing data or literature and contribute to the theoretical underpinnings or collate existing knowledge. The aim should be a publication.
- A completed Master’s degree in related field of study from an accredited academic institution with above average results; or enrolment in a master program that aligns with the research proposed here
- Excellent command of English language (demonstrated through a Master’s level thesis written and defended in English and/or IELTS/TOEFL scores).
- Eligible female candidates, candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities meeting required qualifications and conditions will receive preference.
II. Period of Fellowship
- Earliest: September 2020 – December 2020 (this is the maximum period while shorter periods will be considered against the proposal contents).
- The dates may vary depending on the contractual arrangements and the specifics of the projects proposed.
III. Terms and conditions
- The proposed budgets will be reviewed for compliance with ICRAF standards and their appropriateness for the outputs.
- All payments will be made against appropriate receipts
- Any attempt to influence the short-listing or selection process at ICRAF will lead to rejection of the applicant.
IV. How to Apply?
- Interested candidates should apply electronically by email to [email protected] cc: [email protected] before the deadline.
- The essential documents required for applications are mentioned below
- A letter of motivation (1 page or less explaining why you are interested in joining this particular research partnership)
- Signed curriculum vitae; please use the Europass CV template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu)
- Certified and scanned copies of all university degree certificates
- Certified and scanned copies of all university transcripts
- Original. research proposal, budget and a work plan (2 pages excluding the budget and references)
- Introduction, the development challenge that this research addresses or contributes to, scientific problem and knowledge gap articulation, and the objectives and research questions of the proposed research
- Data requirements, research methods proposed to collect the data, and analytical techniques/tools/approaches
- Envisaged outputs with tentative titles of the proposed research articles
- Proposed Work Plan
- Budget / Required resources
V. Selection Procedure:
ICRAF will shortlist qualified candidates based on quality of the concept note. Up to three short listed candidates will be invited for a virtual (skype/WebEx) or physical interview by an expert pannel.
Note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information, please read the official call
For further inquiries, please contact by email to [email protected]