Deadline: 6 May 2022
The International Union of Forest Research Organization (IUFRO) is looking for International Forestry Student Association (IFSA) Local Committees (LC) intern to be stationed in IUFRO HQ, Vienna, Austria. For several years, IUFRO as one of IFSA’s of professional partners has been offering an internship opportunity to students from IFSA Local Committees. Each year, one student has the opportunity to work at the IUFRO headquarters in Vienna, assisting with diverse projects within IUFRO and getting an insight into the work of an international organization.
This year, one internship (maximum two) will take place for two months. The intended internship period is from September 1 to October 31 of 2022; however, IUFRO is closely following the recommendations of national and international public health authorities concerning the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and dates of the internship offer may be adjusted according to health and safety developments, and could be remote. In view of this, candidates with availability later in 2022 are also encouraged to apply.
- The tasks of the student intern mostly consist of office work, such as assisting with the preparation of reports, supporting IUFRO-led projects and events, and translation of documents.
- The intern will be stationed at the IUFRO HQ at Marxergasse 2, 1030 Vienna, Austria.
- IFSA is able to support the intern with a stipend to partially cover the subsistence costs during the internship period.
- The successful applicant will be informed about the exact amount upon being notified of acceptance.
III. How to Apply?
- In order to apply for this years‘ internship, the following documents should be sent to [email protected]: i)Motivation letter, ii)Curriculum Vitae (CV), iii) Letter from LC president confirming that applicant is currently an LC member, iv) One academic reference (e.g. from a professor or supervisor), v) Certification of enrolment (copy of valid student ID or similar)
- Please note that only students who are currently enrolled in university and are members of an official IFSA Local Committee (LC) can apply.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Head of IUFRO Sub-Commission John Kimber at [email protected]