Deadline: 14 November 2022
The ECOWAS Commission has received a grant from the Swiss Confederation through the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation for the implementation of Phase 3 of the Regional Support Programme for Professional and Peasant Agricultural Organizations included in the ECOWAS Agricultural Policy.
The Commission, through the Regional Agency for Agriculture and Food, intends to use part of this grant for funding the "immersion of 10 to 15 young professionals in local initiatives to promote youth employment in the "local milk" value chains in West Africa and Chad. The duration of the internship is six (6) months renewable once for the year 2023. The internship is scheduled to start between January and March 2023.
The professional trainee must hold a Master II or an equivalent diploma related to the agro-sylvo-pastoral and fisheries sector and meets the following conditions:
- Be a national of an ECOWAS member country;
- Be at most 32 years of age from the date of launch of the program;
- Ability to work effectively in a team and adapt to an environment characterized by diversity.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, results-orientedness, entrepreneurial spirit and problem-solving skills;
- Have great skill in business management and a spirit of innovation.
- Master the working languages of ECOWAS (English and/or French/Portuguese);
- Possess skills to work in a digital environment and keep up with the evolution of technology.
- Be willing to sit near the headquarters of the selected project leaders.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
Under the responsibility of the project leaders, the interns will carry out the following tasks:
- Contribute to the monitoring, evaluation and implementation of projects in the countries;
- Contribute to the production of briefing notes by providing the necessary data;
- Contribute to the preparation of reports of project coordination meetings;
- Setting up databases on potential partners (national NGOs, NGO federations, umbrella organizations);
- Participate with the RAAF in the daily monitoring of field projects under implementation;
- Contribute to the drafting of technical reports on the implementation of the various project activities in the country and their reporting to the national technical structures;
- Carry out any other activity requested by ECOWAS.
III. Selection Process
- Interns will be selected according to the qualification-based selection method as defined in the ECOWAS Public Procurement Code.
- A skills and abilities assessment interview will be organised with the best shortlisted candidates.
- Only shortlisted applications will be contacted. With equal skills, female candidates will be privileged.
IV. How to Apply?
- Applications will be submitted by uploading the required documents HERE
- The application must be in the form of a single PDF file.
- For more information, Please, write to the following email addresses: [email protected] cc: [email protected], [email protected] with the subject "SCI27-Stagiaire Professionnel "