Deadline: 25 October 2022
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is looking for intern to assist in the implementation of the overall ILO-PROSPECTS project interventions. Would you like to learn about development cooperation project at the ILO, how projects implement, monitor, report project interventions and work with beneficiaries? Then this internship programme is for you.
The work of the Intern based in Nairobi, Kenya is to support planning and coordination of PROSPECTS activities, specifically data collection and documentation of PROSPECTS business development services (BDS) trainings; MFI interventions in terms of clients reached, products delivered and volumes; Business Accelerator Programme (BAP) supported businesses together with job creation and Cooperatives strengthening.
- The ILO Internship Programme provides an opportunity for talented individuals to Increase understanding of relevant issues at the international level by involving them directly in the work of the Office and the application of ILO principles, programmes and strategies and Gain practical experience with the ILO directly related to their field of study.
- As an intern in the field, you will receive a monthly stipend from the ILO based on the cost of living in the area of the duty station, unless you receive funding through another institution (for example your university or a foundation).
- If you receive partial funding, ILO will cover the difference to ensure you receive the appropriate stipend per month. Your travel to the duty station will be at your own expense.
- Completed BA or equivalent degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies or any relevant area of studies
- The candidate should be enrolled in their final year of graduate degree programme (master`s degree) or should have completed such a programme no longer than 1 years ago
- Candidate should demonstrate research skills
- Candidate should have good analytical skills and ability to synthesise information and report clearly
- Experience with an international organization is desirable.
- Knowledge of the relevant project and programme area and the Office’s operations would be ideal.
- You have no close relative serving in the ILO.
- This is your first internship with the ILO (only one internship is permitted).
- Fluent knowledge (both oral and written) of English and Swahili.
- This vacancy is open to Kenyan Nationals only
- Adaptable to an international, multicultural and multilingual environment.
- Positive attitude and ability to multi-task and to work under pressure
- Ability to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time
- Ability to produce quality results under deadlines
- Show willingness to acquire new knowledge and skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Practical experience on standard office software packages, email and automated information management system required by the work unit (e.g., WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity and interest in decent work, especially employment and skills development.
- Strong writing communication skills, report writing as well as organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills, and capacity to work with vulnerable communities e.g., refugees, rural Kenyan communities
IV. How to Apply?
- To start your application, please, Click HERE
- Be sure to attach a cover letter in the last section of the application, as applications without a cover letter will not be considered
Please note that the ILO does not take responsibility for any costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the internship. You will be responsible for your own insurance coverage for illness and accidents for the duration of the internship at the duty station (whether Geneva or the field).
VI. Fraud warning:
The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account - @ilo.org - should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.