Deadline: 25 August 2023
Near East and North Africa (RNE) Internship Program with The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is open for application. The Programme provides a learning opportunity to the participants to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work assignment in a field related to the work of FAO.
I. Tasks and responsibilities
- The intern will be assigned to different fields of work according to his/her profile and to the needs of the Organization.
- The intern will perform the functions specified in the Terms of Reference (TOR) prepared by the hiring office before the beginning of the assignment.
- Enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate degree programme in a bona fide (i.e. listed in the IAU/UNESCO data base) educational institution at the time of application or recent graduates.
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
- Be nationals of FAO member Nations.
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Internship Programme.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the proposed duty station prior to the start of the internship assignment.
III. Other information
- Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non- and under-represented member nations as well as candidates from Small Island Developing States (SIDS), Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and Land-locked Developing Countries (LLDCs) are encouraged to apply to this Call for Expression of Interest.
- All applications will be reviewed and only qualified applicants will be directly contacted for interviews by the hiring office and contacted again, if selected.
- Candidates, who have already undertaken an internship assignment at FAO, will not be eligible for another internship.
- FAO pays a monthly stipend to interns if sending universities or other entities does not sponsor them.
- FAO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
IV. How To Apply?
To apply, with additional information, please visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]