Deadline: 12 December 2022
Is your organization working in Malawi, South Africa, Zambia, or Zimbabwe? Do you have a programme, intervention, or service focused on issues related to women’s empowerment? Would you like to develop the skills and knowledge to create the biggest impact for your beneficiaries?
Scale Accelerator: Women’s Empowerment is a fully-funded consultancy programme for ambitious, locally-led NGOs in Southern Africa working on issues related to women’s empowerment who want to scale up their impact and take their vital work to more people, in more places.
If you know you want to scale, but can’t do it alone, and would like the skills, tools, and support to work out how to deliver your solution to more people and up-skill your wider team in the process, this programme could be for you.
You will have the opportunity to take stock and work through the different stages of your journey to scale, including:
- Building the foundational strategy for scale
- Developing actionable financial and scaling models
- Creating the internal systems and operations needed to make the journey achievable, sustainable, and a whole lot easier.
I. Two Programs
Participants can take part in either one of two fully-funded programme routes:
- 1. Expert Consultancy: 2 years of fully-funded, tailored consultancy for a select group of NGOs with a proven solution that has high potential to scale. Our team will work collaboratively with you, providing hands-on technical assistance to help you figure out how to achieve scale sustainably.
- 2. Leaders of Scale Training: an online 6-month intensive training programme for 10 organisations, coaching two members of your leadership team in the skills, knowledge, and frameworks needed to lead your organisation’s journey to scale.
- The programme is specifically aimed at locally-led NGOs and coalitions of organisations working in Southern Africa – particularly Malawi, South Africa, Zambia, and Zimbabwe – which are delivering solutions to address issues around women’s empowerment.
- We define women’s empowerment solutions as those that support women and girls to enhance their power, voice, skills and opportunities in the economy, at home, and in their community.
- NGOs addressing issues related to the economic, cultural, and social empowerment of women are eligible to apply. Examples include, but are not limited to: financial inclusion, business/enterprise skills, sustainable livelihoods, women and girls education, political participation, violence against women and girls, and more.
- Organisations do not need to be led by women and solutions that work with both men and women to challenge attitudes and behaviours are eligible to apply.
By the end of the programme, you and your team will:
- Understand if you’re ready to scale, and make sure you’re asking and answering all the right questions to get there
- Know how to implement your solution elsewhere in a financially sustainable way – whether through scaling with government, facilitating community adoption, or another form of replication
- Work out how to create the biggest difference for your beneficiaries or cause, and identify what parts of your solution could make the most impact in new locations
- Find the right balance between reaching more people and maintaining high quality delivery
- Have the support, space, and mindsets needed to think critically about your impact in the long-term
IV. How to Apply?
To apply, please, click HERE
For more information, please visit the official webpage HERE