Food Security & Nutrition Organic Expert Position: Agriculture and Finance Consultants/BMEL
Deadline: 31 October 2022
Applications are open for international long-term expert 2 (LTE2 / Organic Expert) to implement the Result 2: "Focus Area Organic Farming" for organic expert. The position is open to all nationalities and is to be based in Kazakhstan.
- The expert is the main contact for the topic of organic farming
- Support the team leader in the management of the project with regard to the planning of project activities and their monitoring, the monitoring of indicators as well as the ongoing adaptation of the project design.
- Supporting the team leader in the preparation and management of short-term assignments.
- Support the team leader in coordinating the implementation structure, especially with the local partner and the backstopping team.
- Maintaining contacts with the other BKP projects running in Kazakhstan.
- Networking with local partners and other projects and integrating experiences and products into knowledge management, with a focus on organic farming.
- Supporting the team leader in financial planning in consultation with the AFC project manager and in managing the project treasury according to AFC specifications. The team leader also receives support from the project assistant.
- Supporting the team leader in the preparation and implementation of steering group meetings and project progress reviews.
- Supporting the team leader in monitoring and documenting work progress.
- Regular reporting in relation to result area 2 (organic farming), assisting the team leader with the bi-annual reports.
- Technical cooperation in the processing for the area of organic farming as well as in the implementation of related measures
- Addressing the issues of climate protection and climate adaptation as part of the priority theme of organic farming
- Support in the conception and implementation of the planned status quo analyses
- Support in the external presentation of the project (maintenance of the project website as well as in the production of publications)
- Participation in / coordination of important events
- Ensure the coherence of all project activities
- Supporting the team leader in planning and organising study tours to Germany and virtually.
- Completed university studies (Master's degree or equivalent)
- At least three years of professional experience
- Very good knowledge of German or Russian
- Professional experience in organic farming
- Professional experience related to German and/or European or international agricultural policy
- Experience in bilateral or international cooperation
- Professional experience in Kazakhstan, the post-Soviet space, Central Asia or other transition states
- Russian or Kazakh language skills
- Experience in public relations and the preparation of studies / recommendations for action
III. How to Apply?
To apply, please click HERE