Deadline: 19 March 2023
The European University Institute (EUI) is a unique academic and research institution funded by the European Union situated in the Tuscan hills overlooking Florence, Italy.
A traineeship position is open within the Budget and Financial Affairs Service (BFA), which supports all administrative and academic units of the EUI in implementing the budget, ensuring sound financial management, and compliance with the internal financial and administrative rules. The successful trainee will contribute to the BFA’s daily operations and will have the opportunity to provide support to special projects depending on the needs of the Service and the individual trainee’s profile.
I. Main tasks:
- Assisting with budget management, incoming invoices and credit notes, G/L balances, cost claims in the Accounting system (SAP);
- Preparing expense calculations; drafting of contracts (external collaborators, small jobs, etc.);
- Checking and processing of financial documents via an in-house paperless platform;
- Assisting with processing supporting documentation and information for audits, as well as with general administrative tasks;
- Learn and apply EUI/EU financial rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
II. Type and Duration:
- 12 months (with 3 months probationary)
- Full time (Monday to Friday; 8 hours/day)
- Expected start of the traineeship: 1 May 2023 (a reserve list will also be set up to fill future similar positions)
III. Conditions for Eligibility
- Be nationals of a European Union member state, or of a candidate country which
benefits from a pre-accession strategy or a national of Ukraine;
- Be studying for a first (post-secondary education) degree and be in the process of obtaining the qualification; OR
- Be involved in a vocational training programme; OR
- Have obtained the above qualification no longer than 18 months prior to the beginning
of the traineeship.
- Have a good knowledge of one of the EUI's official languages and a satisfactory
knowledge of another language, taking into account that English, French and Italian are the main working languages at the Institute.
All rules governing the traineeship refer to the President's Decision no. 39/2013 and President's Decision no. 10/2022.
IV. Qualifications, experience and skills required
- Knowledge of English, both written and spoken (CEFR level: B2 or above).
- Good knowledge of MS Office package (in particular, Excel);
- Working with others: ability to establish / maintain good relationships with team
members, to demonstrate willingness to learn about and from others;
- Planning work for results: ability to deliver work on time;
- Manage projects: ability to manage time, resources and information in an effective manner for the achievement of the expected project results.
- University degree or diploma and/or relevant work experience in the field of financial administration or similar areas;
- Knowledge of SAP and/or other financial management tools;
- Knowledge of additional EU languages.
- Put into practice knowledge acquired during their studies, particularly in their specific areas of competence;
- Gain experience in an international research university;
- Develop innovative and creativity skills highly valued by future employers;
- Improve language skills, interpersonal and inter-cultural teamwork skills;
- Learn EU regulations and procedures;
- Maintenance grant of € 1.440 per month;
- A discount of 40% for one lunch per day at the EUI canteen;
- Trainees recruited from outside Florence are entitled to reimbursement of travel
expenses actually incurred at the beginning and the end of the traineeship;
- Access to EUI facilities: Library, Reading Rooms, Language Centre, Cafeterias and
Canteens, Participations in the Extracurricular Activities and the Public Seminars and Workshops.
IMPORTANT: please note that applicants who do not meet the conditions above should
not apply and may not receive any response if they choose to do so.
- Fill in the online application form and upload documents (CV, cover letter) as requested.
- Only applications submitted through the online application form will be accepted.
- Your application will be considered successfully submitted once you receive an automatic email confirmation. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
- Deadline for applying: 19 March 2023 at 23:59 CET.
- Should you have difficulties in sending your application, please send an email to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
- For more information on traineeships at the EUI, visit the dedicated webpage.