Deadline: 4 July 2022
The International Centre for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS) comprising the H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry and the Dr. Panjwani Centre for Molecular and Drug Research in Karachi, Pakistan and TWAS is offering fellowships to young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to pursue research towards a PhD in chemical and biological sciences.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of 2022.
- Hold a Master's degree in a field of natural sciences;
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- Provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
- Be registered PhD students in their home country and provide the "Registration and No Objection Certificate" from the HOME university;
- Provide an official Preliminary Acceptance Letter from ICCBS (see sample preliminary acceptance letter that can be downloaded or included in the application form). Requests for acceptance must be directed to the Director of ICCBS (Prof. M.I. Choudhary at [email protected], [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected]) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor.
- In contacting Prof. Choudhary, applicants must accompany their request for a preliminary acceptance letter with copy of their CV and a research proposal outline and two reference letters;
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
II. Programme Details
- TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable at the International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS), comprising the H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry and the Dr. Panjwani Center for Molecular and Drug Research, for studies leading to a PhD degree in the following fields: organic chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular medicine, pharmacology, physical chemistry or analytical chemistry.
- Applicants must be registered for a PhD degree in their home country (SANDWICH option) in order to apply for the fellowship.
- The Fellowship may be granted for a minimum period of 6 months and a maximum period to be decided with ICCBS.
- ICCBS will provide a monthly stipend, which should be used to cover living costs, such as food, accommodation, local transportation and incidental minor illness. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- The language of instruction is English.
III. How to apply?
- Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from ICCBS when applying, or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance the application will not be considered for selection
- Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper and SIGNED.
- Applications can only be accepted via the online portal
- If you have technical problems with the online form, please contact [email protected]