Deadline: 02 June 2023
Are you a 12-17 year old with a passion to create a better future? Then the Next Generation Foresight Prationers (NGFP) Young Voices award is the perfect opportunity for you!
NGFP in partnership with Teach the Future are looking for young people with innovative ideas and projects to make the world a better place. They recognize the immense potential young people have to shape the world and they are eager to listen, learn and support you as you embark on your foresight journey.
So, if you are curious about how the world is changing, have a desire to translate innovative ideas about the future into action and make a difference in your community, and are willing to become an ambassador for a more sustainable future, they can’t wait to hear from you!
- The NGFP Young Voices Award is a partnership with Teach the Future and is dedicated to 12-17 year olds who are working to have a positive impact in the world.
- The first-place winner will receive a USD $1000 prize to help realize their future-focused project and catapult their idea into action.
- Three others will each receive a USD $500 prize.
- Six top finalists will also be recognized for their ideas and efforts.
II. How to Apply?
- To apply, applicants are asked to: Write a short essay (maximum 400 words) on how a current project or an intended project will consider the well-being of others and the future of the planet.
- Submissions can be in native language but please include an English translation.
- Create and submit a short video (maximum 2m 30s) about what they would want to do with the Young Voices prize.
- The video is a pitch addressed to their community persuading them that this project or idea is good or even necessary and giving them reasons for supporting or joining it.
- Video can be in your native language but please include English subtitles.
- Please create new and original video and do not upload a news clipping or old video.
- Indicate which of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) their idea would contribute to.
III. About NGFP
The Next Generation Foresight Practitioners (NGFP) was launched in 2018 by The School of International Futures (SOIF) as an awards programme in order to recognise the endeavours of the next generation in shaping the future. The NGFP Awards were designed to identify, celebrate, amplify and accelerate the work of a diverse group of young leaders and innovators around the world using futures and foresight to drive positive change.
IV. About Teach the future
Teach the Future is a network of worldwide advocators who are getting futures thinking into classrooms. Their mission is to help young people become more futures literate by teaching futures-thinking skills to students and educators around the world and to inspire them to influence their futures. Their Young Voices Network aims to empower young people to take the lead and work towards building a better future for themselves, their families, communities and beyond.