Deadline: 12 July 2022
One-Acre Fund (OAF) is looking for exceptional Government Relations Specialist with 4+ years experience to manage the government and external partnerships in order to reach more farmers through its Carbon Financed Agroforestry program in Zambia.
i) Partner Engagement and Relationship Management
- You will manage relationships with government officials at the Provincial, District and Village level
- You will coordinate our involvement in operational partnerships together with the government and other development agencies by identifying opportunities and managing the required administrative work streams
- You will coordinate and support our teams with government relations work streams
- You will manage relationships with Provincial and national level regulators
ii) Compliance Management
- You will manage license and permit renewals for our operations in existing and expansion areas
- You will research legal and regulatory compliance needs for the program as it grows in complexity and size
- You will advise the program on how to comply with customary laws and regulations especially with regards to land tenure
iii) Research and Strategy Development
- You will research and report on new policies or regulatory developments that may affect any of our operations.
- You will track and help resolve regulatory risks affecting the program
- You will support strategy development and operational planning – support with the implementation of short-term and long-term goals, policies, and operating procedures
- You will support in coordinating all field events which include input delivery visits, field visits, and exhibition days among others
- iv) Special Projects
- You will support Research and development, Trial design and management, monitoring and evaluation analysis
- You will help manage trials and interventions to increase farmer impact
- You will occasionally support with management and recruitment of staff as we grow
- OAF has a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
- You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- OAF holds career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- Health insurance, paid time off
- 4+ years of experience with Sociology, International Development/Relations, Public Policy, Government Relations, Business Administration, or any other related field
- Management skills with the ability to coordinate across diverse teams
- An understanding of the local government protocol and procedures
- Experience managing projects with satellite or remote team members
- Proficiency in English is required. .
- Fluency and experience with MS Office/ Gsuite especially excel
- This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Zambia.
IV. How to apply?
To apply and to find more information, please click HERE