Deadline: 15 June 2023.
Africa’s Food Systems Forum 2023 Summit is a premier forum for African agriculture, bringing together stakeholders in the agricultural landscape to take practical actions and share lessons that will move African agriculture forward. To enrich and complement the Forum and to give its partners and other stakeholders an opportunity to highlight their work, the AGRF is inviting partners to submit proposals to convene side events during the Pre-Day in advance of the Summit: September 4, 2023.
AGRF 2023 Summit will take place from September 5 – 8, 2023 in Dar es Salaam Tanzania, with pre-summit events scheduled for September 4, 2023. The theme of this year’s Forum is “Recover, Regenerate, Act: Africa’s Solutions to Food Systems Transformation.”
This year, all Summit Side Events will be themed around Diversity and Inclusion. Each side event must be gender diverse and inclusive to youth to address both gender and youth gaps within food systems.
The AGRF 2023 theme identifies three steps needed to achieve this transformation:
1. Recovery: calling for decisive strategies and actions to help the continent recover and rebuild its food systems following multiple crises and shocks;
2. Regenerate: calling for the need to regenerate the natural capital resources (soil, biodiversity and water), with the best adaptation practices, innovation and technology which are essential for sustainable food production under a changing climate;
3. Act: calling for urgent action to accelerate food systems transformation in the continent through better policies, practices and investments
II. Criteria, Guidance and Conditions
- Side events must be relevant to the AGRF mandate and its programme of work.
- All panels must be diverse with a particular emphasis on women and youth. We recommend that each side event panel must include a youth and/or women representation
- Side events must reflect the AGRF theme and shed light on how programs and activities can advance diversity and inclusion.
- Side events should maximize interaction with a minimum of 30%-50% of the total time allocated for interaction with the audience. A maximum of 4 speakers per panel including moderators is recommended.
- In the event that two or more side event applications are received on a similar theme, the organizers may be asked to merge their proposals. AGRF stakeholders are requested to be flexible if this occurs.
- Please note there will be limited slot availability for side events.
- The AGRF Secretariat will assign the time slots once selections are made.
III. Important Notes
- If your application is accepted, you will be invited to submit a full concept note of your event to be published.
- The Secretariat will list the side events in the program agenda. However, we do not guarantee attendance. Side event organizers are encouraged to promote their event.
- Organizers may be required to meet additional costs for technical requirements. Once determined, the organizer will receive an invoice upon submission of this form to the Secretariat. All payments will be expected by July 28, 2023.
- You will be required to have a rapporteur at your session and send the rapporteurs report to the Secretariat by the end of the day. This will enable the Secretariat to include your content on the AGRF website and other collateral.
- We will require you to share AGRF survey link to all participants at your side event.
- To submit your application, please click HERE
- Should you have any questions, please contact Catherine Ndung’u at [email protected] copying [email protected]
- The deadline for Submissions is Friday, June 15, 2023. Space is limited.
- Submissions will be reviewed and may be accepted, requested to merge or declined.